Let’s help the Newtown children by showing our love and support. Please join The Helping Hands Project in support of the children of Sandy Hook Elementary who experienced such a painful tragedy.
Click here to find out how your class can help!
1. Gather up some regular old computer paper or card stock in either white or light green and some finger paint.
2. Let each of your students put their hand print on a sheet and decorate it however they wish.
3. Ask each student to add their name, city or town and school.
4. Collect all the handprint pages and send them to the address below.
5. Once the helping hands are collected our team of volunteers will string them together and hang them in the halls of the new school facility pending district approval.
6. A poster explaining our mission will be hung unobtrusively at the entrance to the school also pending district approval.
The message will be simple: You are not alone. You are loved. You are safe.
Please join us!
If you live near Newtown just leave a message in the blog and we’ll pick up your helping hands.
If you’re far, please mail your helping hands.
Please note that we have not yet been approved for the school. Ultimately our goal is to help the school community as they see fit.
If we are unable to hang the hands in the school we will find another appropriate venue in Newtown.
We promise your hands will be shared.